Monday, April 16, 2007

Inja Holiday: Arrival

Arriving at Tivandrum airport in Kerala, after an extremely early morning in the UK and a 10 hour flight, we were exhausted. It was about six a.m. (local time) when we emerged through customs to see the most stunning sight - thousands of locals crammed together just outside the arrivals hall. The colours were spectacular, and I am now kicking myself that I didn't have my camera ready. That shot would have been spectacular. Ho hum, I'm sure there will be more photo-opps...

Talking of which, I may have found some relatives, though rather bizzarely on Dad's side. I always thought you were a bit swarthy for an Englishman, Dad, and changing the family name from Hawah to Harwar doesn't fool me.
Not sure who this Sid Arthur fellow is though. Sounds more like an eastender than an easterner...

No comments: