Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Inja Holiday: Cricket Loss, Oh well...

Last night I watched as a sub-standard English cricket team got dumped out of the World Cup. My initial consolation was that I was now in good company --- 1 billion Indians who surround me are equally (or let's face it, infinitely more) disappointed by their team's premature exit from the competition. I bonded with the hotel bar-staff over the fact that of the remaining four teams, we all really hope that neither the Aussies nor the Saffers (South Africa) lift the title. We're fairly ambivalent about the Kiwis, but are now really hoping that the Sri Lankans go all the way. Sri Lanka is not a million miles away from Kerala, so there is at least a loyalty driven by proximity, if nothing else. Fact of the day: Sri Lankans are simply referred to as Lankans in India.

My other consolation was of course the beautiful surroundings I find myself in. These shots are of the infinity pool at the hotel. The water in the background is the Arabian Sea. I feel better already...

No comments: